This is one of my favorite concepts, improving 1 percent per day, every day. As I mentioned elsewhere, 1 percent improvement is about IMPROVING something not just ‘doing’ something.
That’s why I wanted to let you know what mine was today… I was going through my blogs and editing comments when my 1% popped out…
I was in WordPress and I saw in the list of posts that a handful of them did not have a Title Tag and that other tags were not as descriptive as they could be, so I invested 10 minutes updating about 10 posts across my 5 blogs.
Why tell you this?
- It’s quick and easy to do
- It doesn’t take any technical skill
- it reinforces that I should be doing this automatically every time I publish a post – I thought I did, but then I realised that the oversights were all on posts that I did quickly because I was excited and wanted to get them out fast – too fast
- 1 percent improvement is not about doing something – updating the tags today is not the point, it’s about NOT making the error in FUTURE posts
- SEO optimisation is all about getting MORE targeted people to your blog – this 1 percent compounds over time
Go on, check YOUR Title tags and other tags to see if they’re optimised. If they are, congratulations! If not, you’re welcome!