Menu Close

Be Careful This Christmas

A safety warning courtesy of the Australian Bureau of Statistics:

  • 31 Australians have died since 1996 by watering their Christmas tree while the fairy lights were plugged in.
  • 19 Australians  have died in the last 3 years by eating Christmas decorations they believed were  chocolate.
  • Hospitals reported 4 broken arms last year after cracker pulling incidents.
  • 101 Australians since 1997 have had to have broken parts of plastic toys pulled out of the soles of their feet.
  • 18 Australians had serious burns in 1998 trying on a new jumper with a lit cigarette in their mouth.
  • A massive 543 Australians were admitted to casualty in the last two years after opening bottles of beer with  their teeth or eye socket.
  • 5 Australians were injured last year in accidents involving out of control slot cars.
  • 3 Australians  die each year testing if a 9V battery works on their tongue.
  • 142 Australians were injured in 1998 by not removing all the pins from new shirts.
  • 58 Australians are injured each year by using sharp knives instead of screwdrivers and finally:
  • 8 Australians cracked their skull in 1997 after falling asleep (passing out) while throwing up into the toilet.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *